BTC framework enables analysis of business technology capabilities. Guided by the framework, it is possible to enter into deep details within each capability theme. BTC assessment brings along reliable and accurate identification of missing or weak business technology capabilities. Prioritising corrective actions becomes straightforward.
However, customer solutions for maintaining competitiveness and keeping up with the productivity frontier are not point-solutions. No meaningful frontier push can ever be achieved with off-the-shelf technology investment alone. Other components like human skills, processes, data and software are always needed. In short, the solutions are systemic by nature. And creation of systemic solutions calls for systemic business technology capability.
Getting to the next level of BTC is about transformation. While spontaneous initiatives across the organisation are positive signals of innovation, excitement and commitment, they alone do not lead to profitable business. For lasting positive results, the transformation must be lead. That calls for strategic change management (SCM).
SCM as a service enables tightly focused use of transformation expertise. Use of Interim Manager brings significant benefits:
- Interim Manager’s personal agenda is always change and improvement instead of preserving the Status Quo
- IM does not have a position in the new organization. This makes him fundamentally objective and independent.
- Use of IM enables focus on transformation breakthru points and on the existing management capability shortcomings.
- IM is flexible and cost-efficient thru very fast start and stop and thru part-time assignment from one day per week onwards.
- Compared to recruitment, Interim Manager is highly scalable and virtually risk-free.
Depending on specific needs and situational parameters, Interim Manager dynamically adapts to 10 different roles:
- Organiser plans execution and agrees roles and responsibilities.
- Facilitator enables efficient meetings and workshops.
- Driver contacts responsible parties with a reminder of agreed tasks.
- Communicator informs all stakeholders on achievements, learnings and outlook.
- Editor documents observations, conclusions and decisions.
- Negotiator points out conflicts and risks and initiates dialogue for resolution and mitigation.
- Expert applies BTC framework for planning, prioritisation and communication.
- Networker seeks for complementary viewpoints and tacit knowledge.
- Advisor points out strategic options and suggests new solutions.
- Reporter informs and seeks for guidance using agreed steering mechanisms.
For Change Management inquiries, don’t hesitate to contact me.